What information do we collect?
We will collect personal information about you which you voluntarily provide, for example, in the context of create bookings on our booking system. Where you choose to provide personal details to us either in person, at a salon, through the website or the app, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- your full name, title and gender, so we know who you are;
- your work and home contact details eg telephone numbers and e-mail address, so we can contact you and fulfil any appointment requests or product orders and can also avoid confusions of duplicate names;
- the reason for your contact, which may be an appointment request, an enquiry, an enquiry on behalf of someone else, a product order, guest comment, a change of circumstances to your booking, to allow us to assist you as quickly as possible;
- your contact and marketing preferences, to make sure you only get the information you want from us in the way you want it;
- if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways;
- if you register/apply for one of the vacancies listed on our careers applications, employment, personal and educational details which you choose to provide to us as part of creating your profile, account and/or any application for employment, for example your CV, any employee or governmental identity number, driver’s license number and/or passport number (if required), your date of birth, place of birth, nationality (and where applicable dual or formal nationality), eligibility (including evidence) to work in the UK (or relevant country), personal or professional interests (including job interests and areas of expertise), employment history, salary details and career aspirations, or language skills, any other information you choose to provide in your CV and any covering or subsequent documentation and any other information provided in relation to such registration or application, to enable us to process your registration or application;
- information you provide to us which reports a problem with any of the websites or apps and any further details requested from you to help us deal with such problem(s), so we can sort things out as quickly as possible;
- information necessary for legal compliance;
- where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social media websites and applications, so we understand you a bit better;
- technical information about the device which you use (for example the device type), log information (details of your use of our websites and apps), to help us provide the best service we can;
- any other information you may voluntarily provide to us;
- anonymous information about your visits to our websites and your interaction with our products and services, which may be collected by only third parties that we use within our website such as (Google Analytics) No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. These service providers do not collect the name, phone number, address, email address or any personally identifying information about the user.
2. What do we do with the information collected?
We may use your personal information for any of the following purposes (or as otherwise notified to you from time to time):
- to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry via any of our platforms (email, booking app, telephone);
- to administer your account/membership of the websites and apps if you have registered with us;
- to process, administer and take payment for your appointment(s), order(s) or purchase(s) through our websites or apps, including in-salon and during delivery;
- to send you appointment reminder texts/emails 2 days before your appointment;
- to keep your appointment history in order to aid our stylists in correctly booking your future appoints to the required length and specifications;
- to contact you in the rare circumstances of a change to your appointment i.e stylist illnesses;
- to improve our services and products, including by customer survey, and to ensure that content from the websites and apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other devices);
- to administer the websites, apps and for internal record keeping, business development and research (including anonymization of your personal information for future statistical analysis);
- to process and administer your job or similar application(s) (including placement or apprenticeship opportunities, as appropriate), to provide you with information on opportunities available to you (where requested), to interview, obtain suitable references, advise and undertake any required vetting procedures in relation to any vacancy which you register your interest for;
- to contact you by telephone or e-mail for the above reasons;
- to comply with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations (including in connection with a court order, government investigation or when otherwise required by law).
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate.
We will keep your information for as long as you are a returning, regular guest and therefore necessary for us to fulfil the purposes set out above. We determine you as a returning guest if you make appointments every 18 months or less. Beyond 18 months we will consider you as a non-returning guest and send you an email with instructions of how to delete your data with us. This is because of the restriction of our booking software, where in its current firmware; we cannot delete data without your request.
3. Who do we share my information with?
Our intention is to never share your information with third party companies for marketing purposes, and to never do any such thing without your consent. As we do not have the means to ‘develop from scratch’ our own booking system software, livechat software and late availability booking software, there are third party companies that we work with; such as our appointment booking client system we proudly use these services In order for us to achieve what we believe to be the best customer experience possible for you. As soon as you make an appointment with us and your details are provided into the system, We allow you to create an account and link it to the system. All of their privacy terms and conditions are available on their website, but you will also have the ability to request to close your account and therefore remove your data (as long as all outstanding payments have been settled). As stated before, Pure Escapism may need to share your personal information which it collects with these very carefully chosen third parties. These may also include:
- agencies who help us comply with our legal or regulatory obligations or to carry out background checks for the purposes of processing payments or any applications made by you (such as credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies and fraud prevention and detection agencies)
- payment processing providers and delivery companies that we use to take payment for and process delivery orders that you make with us through the websites or apps;
In all cases, we entered agreements with such third party companies requiring them to put in place safeguards to protect your personal information. Your personal information will be made available for the purposes mentioned above (or as otherwise notified to you from time to time) on a ‘need-to-know’ basis and only to responsible corporate staff who properly need to know these details to carry out our functions. They are not allowed to use your information for their own purposes.
Like nearly all businesses, we use Google Analytics to gain an understanding of what is popular on our website, which blogs and pieces of expert advice you find most useful and to gain a better understanding of how to provide the best experience possible on our website. Google Analytics doesn’t collect personal information at all, it only keeps anonymous data for up to 60 months.
4. Will I receive unsolicited marketing emails?
No, as of 25th May 2018 you can only receive marketing emails that you have specifically opted in for – which is great news for us all! When you join us (i.e make your first appointment booking using your email address and phone number) at Pure Escapism, we’ll send you one email asking if you’d like to opt in to our system These will always give you the opportunity for you to unsubscribe from receiving further information from us.
5. How do I correct or update my personal information?
We rely on the personal information that you give us, so it is important that all of the detail that you give to us are accurate and up to date. If your personal information changes, please notify us by writing to us at the address given at the bottom of this policy, or by calling or asking in person to review your profile information. This could also include deleting your information if you were, for example, knowingly moving away and unlikely to return any time soon.
You can also create an account which links to our booking system, and you’ll be able to update or request to remove your data entirely from there. We have to say ‘request’ as there may be a chance that there’s an unpaid bill, but it should otherwise be a straightforward process for us to honour your wishes to delete your account.
6. How do we protect the security of my personal information?
We take the security of our customers’ data very seriously and we use appropriate measures to protect all personal information collected in a secure, controlled environment.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our websites or apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites or apps. When you submit your personal information through our websites or apps, this at your own risk.
7. Does our website link to other sites?
Pure Escapism will post any changes to the Policy on the websites homepages or personally by email so visitors are always aware of any changes to what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. You may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the website or app. If we decide to use your personal information in a manner different than that first communicated, we will notify users by e-mail to the e-mail addresses on record. You will then be given a choice as to whether or not their personal information can be used in the new manner.
9. How do I contact Pure Escapism?
42, High Street
Tel: 01843 572700
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.